WHO satisfied with Duterte gov’t response vs. nCoV

WHO satisfied with Duterte gov’t response vs. nCoV




Vice President Maria Leonora “Leni” Robredo for one is leading the critic of the Duterte administration as regards its handling of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). 
Along with the other opposition government officials they have been criticizing the Department of Health is nits “perceived” slow  and indecisive  decisions amid the outbreak of the new corona virus from Wuhan City in China.

The World Health Organization (WHO) via its representative in the Philippines Dr. Rabindra Abeyasinghesaid “We are satisfied so far with the measures being implemented by the government of the Philippines,” in a press conference.
Dr. Rabindra Abeyasinghe, World Health Organization (WHO) representative in the Philippines
(photo credit to PNA)



“WHO commends their [sic] actions taken by the Philippine Government to strengthen its preparedness, to build capacity to detect cases,” he added.
It was last January 29, Department of Health Secretary Francisco Duque III bared that the Philippines has its own capability to detect 2019-nCoV within 48 hours.
Duque said the Japanese counterpart of the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) gave the RNA (ribonucleic acid) primer to be used for confirmatory testing of the virus.

With this development, the turnaround time will be cut by 50 percent since the acquisition of the primer would eliminate the need to consult Australian experts.
Dr. Abeyasinghe explained the Philippine government under the Duterte administration has been implementing the “most stringent measures” in relation to the relative risk and the pattern of movement of people going in and out of the country.
“I believe that the Philippine government has been responding to an evolving situation,” Dr. Abeyasinghe said.
“With the emergency of disease and the emergence of more information, the government response has been proactively strengthened,” he added.

Dr. Abeyasinghe assured that the Philippine government is working very closely with the WHO as new evidence emerges and after the nCoV outbreak was declared as a public health emergency of international concern.
“WHO continues to work together with the Department of Health (DOH)–Philippines and the Philippine Government to increase its preparedness and response capacities to deal with this outbreak,” Abeyasinghe said.
“We continue to work with them to increase their preparedness in case there is evidence of local transmission,” he added.




What can you say about this?


Share us your thoughts by simply leaving on the comment section below. For more news updates, feel free to visit our site often.


Stay updated with today's relevant news and trends by hitting the LIKE button.


Thanks for dropping by and reading this post.


Report from PNA




Disclaimer: Contributed articles does not reflect the view of THE PH CHRONICLES. This website cannot guarantee the legitimacy of some of the information contributed to us. You may do additional research if you find some information doubtful. No part of this article maybe reproduced without permission from this website.

Post a Comment

0 Comments