Suspect Rodel Jayme in Bikoy video tags contacts in Liberal Party

Suspect Rodel Jayme in Bikoy video tags contacts in Liberal Party




Rodel Jayme is now willing to sing.

In a press conference with the authorities, arrested freelance website developer Rodel Jayme said he is willing to cooperate with the National Bureau of Investigation in connection with the “Bikoy” videos.

Addressing the newsmen at the NBI, Jayme said he was left to fend for himself by his former colleagues in the Liberal Party.


Rodel Jayme and the still unnamed "Bikoy" of the "Ang totoong Narcolist" video (photo credit to RMN)


"Sa aking kaalaman kapwa ko po silang supporter noong presidential elections ng partido Liberal (In my knowledge, they are co-supporters of the Liberal last presidential elections)," Jayme said when asked to identify the persons who contacted him to set up a website for PHP2,500 earlier this year.
Jayme said he had even joined his former contacts in the past administration in campaign sorties to the provinces in 2016.
He reiterates that his only participation in the Bikoy videos is only in the setting up of the website.

"Ang website po ay pinagawa lang saken. Hindi po ako si Bikoy at di rin po ako nagpakalat ng mga videos (They only hired me to set up the website. I'm not Bikoy and I didn't circulate the videos)," Jayme said.
Jayme said while he had seen the video, he did not call attention to his contacts about its contents.
The NBI for its part is still evaluating the rest of the forensic evidene from the seized devices from Jayme for possible charges.

They are also  waiting for the results of the inquests proceedings before the Department of Justice (DOJ) after the NBI recommended the filing of “inciting to sedition” against Jayme, this is in relation to Republic Act 10175, otherwise known as the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012.

Jayme had earlier been identified as the beneficiary in an ad sense account by a number of online personalities, and as the primary source of the videos featuring alias "Bikoy", an anonymous accuser criticizing the administration's war on drugs and slandering the President Rodrigo Duterte's family, including his minor daughter.
The NBI, in its report to the inquest prosecutor, said its investigation showed that the first uploader of the video was a Youtube account under the handle name of "Ang Totoong Narcolist" and was subsequently posted and shared by different social media sites--Pinoy Ako Blog, Change Scamming, Metro Balita, Madam Claudia and What the Fact Blog.

NBI were able to seized from Jayme the following, a Cloudfone mobile phone, a Sky Cable billing statement, and a desktop computer including its peripherals.

The NBI Digital Forensic Laboratory team, upon scrutiny of the devices, found that Jayme's Facebook account was still logged in and key message communications were also recovered.
The NBI was also able to recover a conversation were a certain "Maru Nguyen" and "Maru Xie", which the NBI said is one person. In the conversation, Nguyen told Jayme that "Baka kausapin ka ng Magdalo (Magdalo might talk to you)".
NBI also said a certain "Filmore", who is a member of Magdalo, was also mentioned by Nguyen who said the goal was to gain international attention to the posted video.
"Jayme and his cohorts did not just share/like the videos. Instead the posting is a concrete effort (not merely a statement of opinion) directed to a more complicated result," the NBI said, noting that the acts were committed between April 2 to 30.


What can you say about this?


Share us your thoughts by simply leaving on the comment section below. For more news updates, feel free to visit our site often.


Stay updated with today's relevant news and trends by hitting the LIKE button.


Thanks for dropping by and reading this post.


Report from PNA

Post a comment

0 Comments