Duterte Admin generated more than 820K jobs in 2018

Duterte Admin generated more than 820K jobs in 2018



Things are looking up for the labor sector.

Government thru the Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III announced that more than 820,000 jobs were created in 2018. All in all resulting to more than 41 million workers.

“The employment situation in the Philippines continues to improve as more Filipinos are getting employed through increased job opportunities in various sectors, such as the ‘Build, Build, Build’ infrastructure program of the administration. This mainly helped us sustain the rise in employment,” he said in a statement.

(photo credit to PNA)


“Also, more workers are now enjoying security of tenure,” he added.

The Labor secretary notes the availability of employment from the different sectors, including the government’s infrastructure programs.

The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), in an October 2018 Labor Force Survey (LFS) recorded 826,000 jobs were generated in 2018, employing a total of 41.160 million workers.
The 2018 figure is 2 percent higher than the 40.334 million hired employees in 2017.
The reports states that: improvements in the quality of employment as the number of remunerative and stable wage employment reached 26.6 million, which is 2.9 percent, or 743,000 wage employment compared to the same period in 2017.Full-time employment also grew by 4.7 percent, reaching 29.3 million last October, from 28 million last year.
Government’s program against illegal forms of contractualization has netted 411,449 regularized workers.
Of the 411,449 regularized workers., 70 percent of employees had been voluntarily regularized while the remaining 30 percent were regularized through inspection.
“This can be attributed to DOLE’s strict enforcement of campaign against illegal contractualization, as well as to the department’s strengthened employment facilitation services and enhanced social protection programs for our workers,” Bello said. 
The reports also states that unemployment increased at 6.735 million or 3.5 percent, 229,000 higher than last year. 

Share us your thoughts by simply leaving on the comment section below. For more news, updates, feel free to visit our site often.


Stay updated with today's relevant news and trends by hitting the LIKE button.


Thanks for dropping by and reading the post


Report from PNA

Post a comment

0 Comments